Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Very easy to mix together and delicious while sipping your morning coffee.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup fruity yogurt, your choice of fruit
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- Cream margarine with the brown sugar in a large bowl.
- Beat in egg& vanilla.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, wheat germ, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Pour flour mixture into margarine mixture alternately with yogurt.
- (do not overmix).
- Stir in nuts.
- Butter a 9" x 5" loaf pan and sprinkle a little toasted wheat germ on the sides and bottom of pan.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 45 to 50 minutes.