Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Sounds like a fun breakfast from the National Honey Board.
- 3⁄4 cup honey, divided
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 crisp red apples, cored, sliced
- 8 frozen waffles, toasted
- 8 thin slices ham
- To prepare syrup, place 1/2 cup honey and apple juice in small saucepan over medium heat; heat through.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- Melt butter with remaining 1/4 cup honey in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add apples; cook and stir about 4 minutes or until apples are lightly caramelized and crisp-tender.
- For each serving, place 2 waffles on plate, overlapping slightly.
- Top each waffle with 1 slice ham.
- Top with 1/4 of apple mixture and drizzle with 1/4 of syrup.