Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
From an old magazine clipping.
- 3⁄4 cup honey, divided
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 red apples, cored and sliced
- 8 frozen waffles, toasted
- 8 slices ham
- In small saucepan over medium heat, place 1/2 cup of the honey and the apple juice and heat through. Set aside and keep warm.
- In large nonstick skillet over medium high heat, melt butter with remaining 1/4 cup honey. Add apples; cook and stir 4 minutes or until apples are lightly carmelized and crisp-tender.
- For each serving, place 2 waffles on plate, overlapping slightly. Top each waffle with 1 slice ham. Top with 1/4 of apple mixture and drizzle with 1/4 of syrup.