Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
My husband had a Breakfast Veggie Burrito in a local restaurant. When they stopped making them, I came up with a recipe of my own. He loves them even better than the restaurant served ones! They are very easy to make as long as you have a few simple ingredients and the rest you can use whatever you have on hand.
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese or 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1 roma tomato, chopped in small pieces
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped in small pieces
- 1⁄4 green pepper, chopped in small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup alfalfa sprout
- 4 tablespoons salsa
- Beat 4 eggs with 2 T. milk, baking powder, salt and black pepper. Let stand for a few minutes. Add butter or vegetable oil to skillet over medium high heat. Pour in egg mixture. Scramble egg mixture in skillet. Remove from pan. Add 1/2 of the scrambled eggs to each tortilla. Sprinkle cheese over each. Pop in microwave for 10-15 second to melt cheese and heat up tortilla. Spoon 2 T. salsa over each scrambled egg. Sprinkle each with shredded lettuce, chopped onions, chopped green pepper, chopped tomato and alfalfa sprouts. Roll up and serve immediately.
- Optional: You can also add other veggies such as mushrooms, broccoli slaw or shredded cabbage or add more or less of the onions, green peppers, tomatoes, alfalfa sprouts, etc. depending on taste.