Recipe by Petdrwife
A moist golden morning treat. From quick cooking this cake uses a muffin mix and canned pineapple to make it quick and easy.
- 535.80 g Duncan Hines blueberry muffin mix
- 35.43 g quick-rising yeast
- 226.79 g pineapple slices
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 78.07 ml brown sugar
- 59.14 ml butter (melted) or 59.14 ml margarine (melted)
- 4 maraschino cherries, halved fresh blueberries (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and drain blueberries from muffin mix; set aside.
- Place muffin mix and yeast in a bowl.
- Drain pineapple, reserving the juice in a measuring cup. Set pineapple aside. Add enough water to juice to measure 2/3 cup.
- Pour juice into a saucepan; heat to 120-130 degrees.
- Add to muffin mix; stir just until moistened.
- Beat in the egg. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Combine brown sugar and butter; pour into a greased 9 inch round baking pan.
- Cut each pineapple slice in half; arrange over brown sugar mixture.
- Tuck cherries into pineapple.Sprinkle with reserved blueberries.
- Spread with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
- Immediately invert onto a serving plate.
- Cool completely.
- Garnish with fresh blueberries if desired.