1 hr 15 mins
A moist golden morning treat. From quick cooking this cake uses a muffin mix and canned pineapple to make it quick and easy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse and drain blueberries from muffin mix; set aside.
- 2Place muffin mix and yeast in a bowl.
- 3Drain pineapple, reserving the juice in a measuring cup. Set pineapple aside. Add enough water to juice to measure 2/3 cup.
- 4Pour juice into a saucepan; heat to 120-130 degrees.
- 5Add to muffin mix; stir just until moistened.
- 6Beat in the egg. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- 7Combine brown sugar and butter; pour into a greased 9 inch round baking pan.
- 8Cut each pineapple slice in half; arrange over brown sugar mixture.
- 9Tuck cherries into pineapple.Sprinkle with reserved blueberries.
- 10Spread with remaining batter.
- 11Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
- 12Immediately invert onto a serving plate.
- 13Cool completely.
- 14Garnish with fresh blueberries if desired.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breakfast Upside-Down Cake
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 121.3
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 41.6 mg
- Sodium 55.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Duncan Hines blueberry muffin mix