Recipe by hlsamples
This recipe comes from Michael Thurmond's 6 Day Body Makeover. I needed the nutritional information so I'm adding it here. They are a bit dry (barely any fat), but I like the flavor and eat them every morning as my AM protein.
Top Review by Kay D.
The spice mixture for this was quite nice in livening up a fairly bland meat. I also added 1/2 teaspoon of fennel, and 1 teaspoon of sage (hubby likes his sausage to have sage). I used 85/15 ground turkey, and was able to skip the chicken broth, since these were moist enough to hold together on their own. I made 2 ounce patties with mine, and baked them in the oven. I will definitely make this again; thank you for posting!
- 1 lb lean ground turkey breast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the turkey and dry spices in a large bowl. Mix together thoroughly.
- Add the chicken broth, mixing well. Let stand for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Form the turkey into 8 patties, approximately 3/4 inch thick.
- Cook the patties in a nonstick skillet over medium heat for 7 to 8 minutes on each side or grill. However, if you grill these, be sure to pray the grill grate with oil prior to grilling.