Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe comes from Michael Thurmond's 6 Day Body Makeover. I needed the nutritional information so I'm adding it here. They are a bit dry (barely any fat), but I like the flavor and eat them every morning as my AM protein.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey breast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- Combine the turkey and dry spices in a large bowl. Mix together thoroughly.
- Add the chicken broth, mixing well. Let stand for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Form the turkey into 8 patties, approximately 3/4 inch thick.
- Cook the patties in a nonstick skillet over medium heat for 7 to 8 minutes on each side or grill. However, if you grill these, be sure to pray the grill grate with oil prior to grilling.
The spice mixture for this was quite nice in livening up a fairly bland meat. I also added 1/2 teaspoon of fennel, and 1 teaspoon of sage (hubby likes his sausage to have sage). I used 85/15 ground turkey, and was able to skip the chicken broth, since these were moist enough to hold together on their own. I made 2 ounce patties with mine, and baked them in the oven. I will definitely make this again; thank you for posting!