Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
I found this recipe and thought it sounded like it would be healthier than regular sausage. I'll comment once I give it a try.
- 3 lbs ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons italian seasoning mix
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, freshly cracked
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes, crushed (optional)
- Mix all but turkey very well, then mix in turkey till well blended.
- Form into cylinders about 3" in diameter and refrigerate overnight.
- Cut into patties and fry in very hot frying pan.
- Be careful to allow patties to caramelize, but not to dry out. Serve immediately.
I made this and reduced the size to just 1 LB of turkey, because I live by myself and knew there was no way I would use up 3 lbs of it. It had good favor but was a little dry for my liking. Probably should have fried it in olive oil, rather than just a non-stick skillet. I had one slice for breakfast and will freeze the rest for later on. I think a little sage would have helped it, to have more flavor. Not something I would make again though, not much work, but just was not that fond of it.