1/1 Photo of Breakfast Trout with Bacon
When you're out at the lake in the summer and the men have been early morning fishing, nothing tastes better than this. Yumm!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry bacon in a large heavy skillet over medium heat until crisp and golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- 2Drain on paper towels and set aside, reserving bacon fat in pan.
- 3Rinse fish, then dredge in cornmeal and season both sides to taste with salt and pepper.
- 4Add vegetable oil to the bacon fat, then heat pan over medium high heat until oil is hot.
- 5Working in batches if necessary, fry fish in combined fat and oil on one side until skin is golden and crisp, about 5 minutes.
- 6Carefully turn fish over and cook other side for 5 minutes more.
- 7Serve garnished with bacon.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breakfast Trout with Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 712.9
- Calories from Fat 401
- Total Fat 44.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 147.9 mg
- Sodium 318.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 52.5 g