Recipe by MarieRynr
When you're out at the lake in the summer and the men have been early morning fishing, nothing tastes better than this. Yumm!
Top Review by Peter J
How about breakfast, lunch and dinner? We have some of the world's best trout here in Tasmania and this was a simple and terrfic way to enjoy it. The bacon made a great garnish while the rest of the process let the natural flavor of the trout shine through!
- 4 slices thick bacon
- 4 (8 ounce) trout, cleaned,heads and tails on
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon in a large heavy skillet over medium heat until crisp and golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels and set aside, reserving bacon fat in pan.
- Rinse fish, then dredge in cornmeal and season both sides to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add vegetable oil to the bacon fat, then heat pan over medium high heat until oil is hot.
- Working in batches if necessary, fry fish in combined fat and oil on one side until skin is golden and crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Carefully turn fish over and cook other side for 5 minutes more.
- Serve garnished with bacon.