Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
After Holiday eating and parties, I feel like I must re-establish the balance. Some indulging and tasting here and there is fun, but I naturally tend to more healthy eating after the holidays. A good way to get back on track is to have a nice, hearty breakfast to fight off the sweets craving during the day. The oatmeal and flaxseeds in these recipes are a great source of fiber which is great for restoring balance in the body. I know if you hosted holiday parties, you may want to take a break from working in the kitchen and indulge in the sweets or things sitting out. Not to worry, these recipes are quick and easy! And I use a favorite holiday leftover of mine, cranberry sauce. In small quantities it will satisfy your holiday sweet tooth and get you eating your fruit. You can also substitute a drizzle of agave, maple syrup, or strawberry jam, instead of the cranberry. If you are trying to watch your weight, the ideal situation would be to have your fruits washed and ready in the mor
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh blueberries (or other berry)
- drizzle honey (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1 dash cinnamon
- Place yogurt in small bowl and top with blueberries, honey, and cinnamon.
- Add granola, almonds or walnuts, flaxseed, or toasted oatmeal for more substance. I like it as pictured, because I had it that way in Greece, though without the blueberries. I feel like I am indulging in a dessert at times!