Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This makes a quick breakfast.
- 2 cups spinach, firmly packed,washed & chopped
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 6 whole wheat tortillas or 6 corn tortillas
- Place the spinach in a saucepan with only the water you washed it in still clinging to the leaves.
- (If you washed the spinach the night before, place the spinach in the sacuepan and sprinkle a little water over the leaves.) Cook, stirring, until just wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the saucepan and drain well.
- Place the brown rice, corn, and salsa in the saucepan.
- Cook, stirring, until heated through.
- Stir in the spinach.
- Spoon a line of the mixture down the center of each tortilla and roll.
Simple and very tasty! While scaling down to 2 servings, Zaar converted the salsa from 1/2 cup to 1/8 cup instead of 1/6, and I realised that too late. This recipe DOES need the mentioned amount of salsa, because otherwise it's just a tad bland. The corn tastes wonderful though! I'd like to try this with more herbs and spices next time. This makes a LOT of filling, so there's plenty leftover to just eat on it's own.
LOVE IT! Even my 3-year-old asks for these!