Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Iwanted something a bit different this morning so made this up. Tasty filling and reasonably healthy. You may butter the pita if you wish but I found that it really didn't need it. I like a little kick to it so I added the hot sauce. Increase for any number of servings. They would look nice on a Brunch Bufffet
- 1 pita bread
- 1 roma tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce (optional)
- 2 slices singles low-fat cheese
- salt & pepper
- Sprinkle the chopped tomatoes on the pita bread.
- Add salt & Pepper & hot chili sauce.
- Tear the cheese slices in pieces and put over the tomatoes.
- Broil until the cheese starts to melt.
this is ahit with the grandkids(without the chilli)
This was so easy and so tasty. I used a blend of cheeses and sliced cherry tomatoes and it turned out great. Thanks
This was very good. I salted and peppered it before I broiled it. This is something that I can eat forever and a day! Thanks for posting.