1/1 Photo of Breakfast Tater-Tot Casserole
1 hr 50 mins
Chef Matteo Lopez's Note:
Tasty breakfast version of the classic hot dish. Great for breakfast or dinner!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 lbs frozen tater tots
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 5 chives, chopped
- 1/2 lb spicy breakfast sausage
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs or 1/4 cup seasoned stuffing mix
- salt and pepper
- 1Prepare a glass baking dish (at least 8x10) by spreading butter along the bottom and sides.
- 2In a bowl, mix eggs, milk, sour cream, chives, seasoned salt, hot sauce and salt and pepper and whisk until well blended.
- 3Add 2 cups cheddar and 1 cup mozzarella cheese and tots to mixture. Mix well until all tots are coated and all ingredients mixed.
- 4In small pan, cook sausage until just before done (sausage will finish in the oven), drain well and add to tot mixture.
- 5Pour the mixture into your pre-greased baking pan and top with the rest of the cheese and the bread crumbs. Spread topping evenly.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breakfast Tater-Tot Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (372 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1587.4
- Calories from Fat 1026
- Total Fat 114.0 g
- Saturated Fat 54.2 g
- Cholesterol 420.6 mg
- Sodium 2721.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 61.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: