Tasty breakfast version of the classic hot dish. Great for breakfast or dinner!
Make and share this Breakfast Tater-Tot Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 lbs frozen tater tots
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 5 chives, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb spicy breakfast sausage
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs or 1⁄4 cup seasoned stuffing mix
- salt and pepper
- Prepare a glass baking dish (at least 8x10) by spreading butter along the bottom and sides.
- In a bowl, mix eggs, milk, sour cream, chives, seasoned salt, hot sauce and salt and pepper and whisk until well blended.
- Add 2 cups cheddar and 1 cup mozzarella cheese and tots to mixture. Mix well until all tots are coated and all ingredients mixed.
- In small pan, cook sausage until just before done (sausage will finish in the oven), drain well and add to tot mixture.
- Pour the mixture into your pre-greased baking pan and top with the rest of the cheese and the bread crumbs. Spread topping evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until topping is golden brown.