Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
'Postcards From Buster' a Public Television show the kids love.
- 1 lb of precooked sausage links
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 12 flour tortillas
- Check with a grownup and wash your hands before you begin.
- Make a few shallow cuts in each sausage link so they won't explode while cooking in the microwave.
- Place sausage links in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes.
- The amount of time it takes to heat the sausage all the way through may be different because microwaves don't all have the same amount of power.
- Use your oven mitts when you remove the sausage from the microwave, and let the bowl cool for 1 minute.
- Remove the sausages from the water using a fork, and dump the water out in your sink.
- Cut the sausages into bite-sized pieces, and put the sausage pieces in a small bowl.
- Crack the eggs into the microwave-safe bowl.
- Add salt, pepper and milk.
- Beat the eggs with a fork until the eggs and milk are mixed together.
- Microwave the eggs on high for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Use your oven mitts to take the bowl out of the microwave.
- Stir the eggs with a fork and microwave another 1 1/2 minutes.
- Remove the bowl with oven mitts, and stir the eggs again.
- If the eggs are still runny, microwave for another minute or so until they are cooked.
- The amount of time it takes to cook the eggs may be different because microwaves don't all have the same amount of power.
- Divide the sausage, eggs, and cheese into tortillas.
- Top with salsa.
- For a Texas twist, try guacamole, refried beans, or hash-browned potatoes in your tacos, too. (Just don't fill them so full that you can't take a bite!).
- Clean up the kitchen before you bite into your breakfast.
These were good and easy to make. We did cut out the salt and added about 1/4 teaspoon of pepper but followed the rest of the recipe as written. We enjoyed them for Sunday breakfast.