Charlotte J's Note:
'Postcards From Buster' a Public Television show the kids love.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Check with a grownup and wash your hands before you begin.
- 2Make a few shallow cuts in each sausage link so they won't explode while cooking in the microwave.
- 3Place sausage links in a microwave-safe bowl.
- 4Microwave on high for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes.
- 5The amount of time it takes to heat the sausage all the way through may be different because microwaves don't all have the same amount of power.
- 6Use your oven mitts when you remove the sausage from the microwave, and let the bowl cool for 1 minute.
- 7Remove the sausages from the water using a fork, and dump the water out in your sink.
- 8Cut the sausages into bite-sized pieces, and put the sausage pieces in a small bowl.
- 9Crack the eggs into the microwave-safe bowl.
- 10Add salt, pepper and milk.
- 11Beat the eggs with a fork until the eggs and milk are mixed together.
- 12Microwave the eggs on high for 1 1/2 minutes.
- 13Use your oven mitts to take the bowl out of the microwave.
- 14Stir the eggs with a fork and microwave another 1 1/2 minutes.
- 15Remove the bowl with oven mitts, and stir the eggs again.
- 16If the eggs are still runny, microwave for another minute or so until they are cooked.
- 17The amount of time it takes to cook the eggs may be different because microwaves don't all have the same amount of power.
- 18Divide the sausage, eggs, and cheese into tortillas.
- 19Top with salsa.
- 20For a Texas twist, try guacamole, refried beans, or hash-browned potatoes in your tacos, too. (Just don't fill them so full that you can't take a bite!).
- 21Clean up the kitchen before you bite into your breakfast.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breakfast Tacos (Step by Step 4 Kids)
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.4
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 130.8 mg
- Sodium 576.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 13.8 g