1/2 Photos of Breakfast Tacos
This is a very traditional Texas breakfast, and quick to prepare. It can be prepared in advance, and filling ingredients and tortillas heated in the microwave in the morning. When the ingredients are set out, kids on the run can quickly build a taco, and wrap it to go. The prep and cook time indicated are estimates and vary based on the fillings chosen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups scrambled eggs or 6 cups fried potatoes or 6 cups hash browns or 6 cups chorizo sausage or 6 cups refried beans or 6 cups crumbled spicy breakfast sausage or 6 cups bacon or 6 cups leftover meat (assorted hot and cooked fillings of your choice)
- 1 dozen 6-inch flour tortillas, heated (fresh if you can find them)
- 2 cups shredded cheese, such as mild cheddar,pepper jack or monterrey jack,or a combination
- salsa, of your choice
- chopped cilantro
- 1Set out bowls containing the fillings, cheese, salsa and cilantro.
- 2Each person builds their own taco by placing the fillings of their choice in the center of the tortilla, and topping it with cheese, salsa and a little cilantro.
- 3Fold the taco and eat as is, or if you prefer, fold the filled tortilla and spread some butter on the top half of the folded tortilla and place under the broiler a few minutes to"crisp" the top a bit and melt the cheese inside.
- 4One of my favorites is scrambled eggs, bacon, cheese, salsa and cilantro.
- 5Potato, egg and cheese with salsa tacos are popular in my household, too.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breakfast Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (2044 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.6
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 464.0 mg
- Sodium 545.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 21.4 g