Recipe by OceanLuvinGranny
I got this recipe from a Betty Crocker book called "Meatless Main Dishes." It is good because you can add whatever you have and whatever your family likes. It is a quick meal and tastes good too! You can use lite sour cream and cheese to tone it down in calories if you so desire.
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt (I use garlic powder because it has more garlic flavor and not so much salt)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 4 medium green onions, chopped (about 1/4 c)
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons diced green chilies (we use mild but you can use any heat you like)
- 6 taco shells (or you can use soft flour tortillas for soft tacos)
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 3 tablespoons chopped black olives
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1⁄4 cup thick & chunky salsa (we use Pace)
- sour cream, for the top of the taco
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir eggs, garlic salt and pepper thoroughly with fork. Stir in bell pepper, onions, olives, green chilies.
- Melt margarine in 8 inch skillet over med lheat. Pour egg mixture into skillet.
- As mixture begins to set at bottom and side, gently life cooked portions with spatula so that thin uncooked portions can flow to bottom. Avoid constant stirring.
- Cook 3-4 minutes or until eggs are set throughout but still moist. Gently stir in cheese.
- Heat taco shells or tortillas as directed on pkg. Place lettuce in taco shells. Spon eggs onto lettuce. Top with avacado and salsa then dollops of sour cream.