Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I came up with this one morning when I was trying to come up with something different for Breakfast. Now my family just loves these and they can be made with any kind of tortilla you like.
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 cup eggbeaters egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green chili (can)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a small omelet skillet, spray non stick spray on the pan. Add a small amount of the egg to the skillet.
- Make sure you cover the bottom of the pan. You need to get four omelets out of the 1 cup of egg beaters. They will be very thin.
- When the eggs are about set top with a Table spoon of the green chili’s and flip the omelet half way to make a half moon shape.
- When completely cooked take out of pan and place on a plate. Repeat until you have made four of these.
- To assemble:
- Heat a non stick flat griddle pan over medium heat. Spray both sides of a tortilla and warm in the pan.
- When tortilla is warm but not crisp, flip over and add a small amount of the cheddar to one half of the tortilla, one of the egg omelets, some of the bacon crumbles and more cheese on top of that.
- Flip the other half of the tortilla over to make a taco shape. Cook on both sides of the tortilla until they are browned on both sides.
- Repeat for the next three taco’s. Serve with sour cream, salsa or taco sauce.
These Breakfast Tacos sure were quick, easy and tasty. The egg mixture was a bit too thin for my taste so next time I will add more than 1 cup of egg mixture. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for My 3 Chefs Fall 2008.