Recipe by Heather S.
I came up with this one morning when I was trying to come up with something different for Breakfast. Now my family just loves these and they can be made with any kind of tortilla you like.
Top Review by CarolAT
These Breakfast Tacos sure were quick, easy and tasty. The egg mixture was a bit too thin for my taste so next time I will add more than 1 cup of egg mixture. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for My 3 Chefs Fall 2008.
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 cup eggbeaters egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green chili (can)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small omelet skillet, spray non stick spray on the pan. Add a small amount of the egg to the skillet.
- Make sure you cover the bottom of the pan. You need to get four omelets out of the 1 cup of egg beaters. They will be very thin.
- When the eggs are about set top with a Table spoon of the green chili’s and flip the omelet half way to make a half moon shape.
- When completely cooked take out of pan and place on a plate. Repeat until you have made four of these.
- To assemble:
- Heat a non stick flat griddle pan over medium heat. Spray both sides of a tortilla and warm in the pan.
- When tortilla is warm but not crisp, flip over and add a small amount of the cheddar to one half of the tortilla, one of the egg omelets, some of the bacon crumbles and more cheese on top of that.
- Flip the other half of the tortilla over to make a taco shape. Cook on both sides of the tortilla until they are browned on both sides.
- Repeat for the next three taco’s. Serve with sour cream, salsa or taco sauce.