Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great little breakfast or snack from The Organic Baby and Toddler Cookbook
- 2 tablespoons oats
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup raisins or 1⁄3 cup other dried fruit, finely chopped
- 1 small apple
- Combine all the ingredients, except the apple, in a bowl, cover and store in the fridge over night.
- Before serving, grate the apple and stir into the oat mixture.
- Serve cold in the summer or heat gently for a warming winter breakfast.
I made a double mixture of this last night, ready for breakfast this morning. I was sure my son would love it, but he ate half his bowl, and said he didn't like it very much. I loved it though, so I'll make it for myself occasionally! It was very creamy, but still a nice, light breakfast. I warmed mine up, and it was really good. [Made for PAC Fall 2008]
Thanks for posting this! My 17 month old loved this. I added chopped apricots, raisins and the apple and it went down a treat. The yoghurt makes it lovely and creamy.