Danny Beason's Note:
Live at Five,Lee Murphy, Knox County Health Dept.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 lb turkey breakfast sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced (3/4 cup)
- 4 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups whole wheat bread, crusts removed,cubed (about 4 slices)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup grated 2% cheddar cheese
- 1Coat an 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2Cook sausage in a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat, crumbling with wooden spoon, until lightly browned.
- 3Transfer to plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- 4Add onion and bell pepper to the pan and cook, stirring often, until softened.
- 5Whisk eggs and whites, milk, salt, and pepper in large bowl until blended.
- 6Spread bread cubes in the prepared baking dish.
- 7Scatter the sausage and onion mixture evenly over the bread.
- 8Brush with mustard.
- 9Sprinkle with cheese.
- 10Pour in the egg mixture.
- 11Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- 12Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 13Bake the strata, uncovered until puffed, lightly browned and set in the center, 55-65 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breakfast Strata
Serving Size: 1 (1216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1325.4
- Calories from Fat 699
- Total Fat 77.7 g
- Saturated Fat 39.1 g
- Cholesterol 941.0 mg
- Sodium 3457.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 103.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat bread