1/4 Photos of Breakfast Strata
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This is the only breakfast casserole I make. It's worth the effort. You could probably throw some breakfast sausage in here instead of the ham and bacon. This one has to sit overnight in the refrigerator before baking in the morning.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a skillet, cook bacon until done.
- 2Remove bacon from skillet, leaving drippings in the pan.
- 3Add ham and onion to skillet.
- 4Cook and stir until onion is tender.
- 5Drain grease from ham and onion.
- 6In a bowl, combine bacon, ham, and onion.
- 7In a greased 13x9x2 baking dish, layer half the bread cubes, potatoes, and cheese, in that order.
- 8Top with all of the bacon mixture.
- 9Repeat another layer of bread, potatoes, and cheese.
- 10In a bowl, beat the eggs.
- 11Add milk, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt, and pepper to the eggs.
- 12Pour over all in the baking dish.
- 13Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 14Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- 15Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees for 65-70 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breakfast Strata
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 502.9
- Calories from Fat 327
- Total Fat 36.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 209.0 mg
- Sodium 681.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 25.5 g