Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my version of a strata that I use my leftover holiday ham.
Make and share this Breakfast Strata recipe from Food.com.
- 8 cups crusty bread cubes
- 6 ounces diced ham or 6 ounces Canadian bacon
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup brick cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Prepare a 9 by 13 pan by spraying with a buttered flavor pan spray.
- Toss in bread cubes, cheeses, and ham cubes.
- Beat egg well, add seasonings, and milk and blend well.
- Pour over bread mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate over night.
- Next day : Pre heat over to 375°F.
- Pour fat free half and half over bread/egg mixture
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until a knife inserted into center of casserole come out clean.
- Preparation time does not include over night chill.
I finally found the recipe my mom used to make breakfast casserole! We're from the eastern (rural) part of Washington state, and this is the exact recipe I was looking for. Great to pull out of the fridge or freezer on a lazy weekend morning.