Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 hrs
A nice savory treat for brunch.
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 loaf stale French bread, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (5 1/3 ounce) containers goat cheese (like Chavrie)
- 3 fresh tomatoes, sliced
- 1 (7 ounce) containerprepared pesto sauce (like Buitoni)
- 6 eggs
- salt and pepper
- One day beofre serving, mix the milk and wine in a bowl. Dip half the bread slices into the mixture, one at a time and place in a 13" x 9" baking pan.
- Dot the slices with all of the cheese.
- Layer the tomato slices on top of the cheese.
- Spread pesto over the tomatoes.
- Dip remaining bread in wine-milk mixture, and layer on the top.
- Beat the eggs and pour evenly over the bread.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator and bring to room temperature.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 45 minutes to one hour.
- Strata is done when top layer of bread is golden brown.