Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another recipe from home ec class back in junior high. This one also needs to be refrigerated for several hours or overnight which I don't include in prep time. Some similar recipes here on zaar but nothing exact so I'm a posting it anyways.
- 12 slices white bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 lb sausage links
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- salt and pepper
- Broil sausage links in oven, turning until brown. Drain on a paper towel.
- Grease 9x13 inch pan. Put half of bread cubes into bottom of pan. Layer half of cheese over the bread. Put remainder of bread cubes over cheese.
- Beat together eggs, milk, and dry mustard, salt and pepper. Pour evenly over bread and cheese. Top with remaining cheese and sausage links.
- Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
We don't usually have sausage links and I don't know why because they are so good. I especially liked them in this recipe. I made a few changes, whole wheat bread added a few onions and I cooked the sausage links in on the stove. Thanks for a good breakfast.