Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This make ahead recipe is great for weekends or holiday brunch. You can also substitute bacon or ham for the sausage to change it up a bit!
- 12 eggs, well beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb sausage, fried
- 1 (8 ounce) package cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 -8 pieces white bread, cubed
- Spread one layer of bread in a greased 9x13 pan.
- Place broken meat on top.
- Sprinkle cheese over this.
- Mix remaining ingredients and pour over all.
- Allow to rest in the refrigerator overnight.
- Let the dish warm to room temperature before baking.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour at 350.