Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
Tasty recipe - more of a casserole than a souffle
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sausage or 1 1⁄2 lbs ham
- 9 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheese, grated
- 2 lbs hash browns
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, diced
- Put hash browns (slightly thawed), flour and green pepper in greased 9-x13-inch pan.
- Brown meat and add rest of ingredients.
- Pour in pan.
- refrigerate overnight. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
I just love this meal in one. It's a big hit and the leftovers are just great.
This makes ALOT! As a single mother of a 2 yr old, I can safely say that we ate this every morning for 2 weeks. It was even better the day after it was cooked and kept well. It was a bit salty but I think that's because I used 32 oz of diced ham and instead of hash browns, I used Potatoes O'Brien. Next time I'll cut the ham in half (it was too much anyway). This is something I will DEFINATELY make again!
Taste great, easy to make!!