I have been searching for that perfect bar which can either be eaten as a breakfast bar or a dessert bar. This bar works great if you are in a hurry and want to grab something quick. I created this recipe by trial and error until I came up with what I consider to be the perfect breakfast snack bar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups oatmeal
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup Special K cereal
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 2 cups package dark chocolate chips (optional)
- 1Spray 9" X 13" pan with non-stick spray.
- 2Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- 3Bring the first four sauce ingredients to a boil and cook for an additional two minutes.
- 4Stir 1/2 cup peanut butter into sauce mixture.
- 5Mix dry ingredients and sauce until well blended.
- 6Press firmly into prepared pan.
- 7Melt one bag dark chocolate chips and spread over bars.
- 8Cut bars after they have cooled.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breakfast Snack Bar
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.1
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 114.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 15.1 g
- Protein 7.2 g