Recipe by Arntzie
I have been searching for that perfect bar which can either be eaten as a breakfast bar or a dessert bar. This bar works great if you are in a hurry and want to grab something quick. I created this recipe by trial and error until I came up with what I consider to be the perfect breakfast snack bar.
- 2 1⁄2 cups oatmeal
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup Special K cereal
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups package dark chocolate chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray 9" X 13" pan with non-stick spray.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Bring the first four sauce ingredients to a boil and cook for an additional two minutes.
- Stir 1/2 cup peanut butter into sauce mixture.
- Mix dry ingredients and sauce until well blended.
- Press firmly into prepared pan.
- Melt one bag dark chocolate chips and spread over bars.
- Cut bars after they have cooled.