Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you want to lose weight and feel energized, this is the breakfast for you. the blackstrap molasses is important because it provides a lot more iron than regular molasses. We have been on this for several months; the other day we skipped this and had one of those fast food sausage croissants and I was reminded why we don't eat fast food any more. (I felt tired all day and it was like the croissant didn't want to leave)
- 3⁄4 cup plain fat-free yogurt, refrigerated
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce, refrigerated
- 3⁄4 cup pineapple chunks in juice, refrigerated
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon blackstrap molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 cup frozen strawberries (etc.) or 1 cup frozen blueberries (etc.)
- 2 tablespoons flax seed oil
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth; if you want thicker add crushed ice until desired consistency.
- pour into 2 tall glasses and serve.
- Enjoy your day.
This was a lot better then I expected, actually. I thought it would be healthy but only so-so tasting, but it was quite good! I left out the egg (don't do raw eggs) and used sorghum instead of blackstrap because I am out. I also left out the flax oil because I'm out. (That would not have changed the flavor but would have added nutrition.) I agree that this would give you lots of energy to meet your day. I can't wait to try it when I get some more flax oil!