1/1 Photo of Breakfast Slop (copycat Country Biscuit Breakfast)
Sue Lau's Note:
Bob Evan's restaurants makes this on their breakfast menu (they call it country Biscuit Breakfast), but I took one look at it, and said to my husband they should call it "Breakfast Slop" instead. Despite the not too encouraging name, this is really good, and one of the better things you can have for breakfast at Evans. You'll like this a lot if you are a fan of biscuits and gravy, because this basically is the magnum opus of that sort of thing. At Evans they serve this with home fries (hash browns) and that or something like grits would be just great. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare biscuits if not already made.
- 2Brown sausage in a large skillet, crumbling it as it cooks and draining any fat.
- 3Melt butter in a different large skillet and stir in flour.
- 4Cook flour, stirring, over low heat until it just starts to change color (it doesn't need to get dark/coffee brown).
- 5Whisk in milk, salt and pepper and continue stirring until mixture thickens to your liking.
- 6If you like the gravy thicker, stir a little flour into a small amount of milk until smooth, and whisk that into the gravy; if you like it thinner, just add more milk and stir until blended.
- 7Cook eggs singly in a small skillet either sunny-side-up or over-easy, whichever you prefer (this is best when the yolk is still a little runny).
- 8For each serving, split biscuit and place on plate.
- 9Top biscuit with crumbled sausage and cover with fried egg.
- 10Cover egg with milk gravy and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- 11If you like the cheese melty, nuke it (microwave) for 30-45 seconds on high.
- 12Serve with hash browns or cheese grits, if desired.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breakfast Slop (copycat Country Biscuit Breakfast)
Serving Size: 1 (469 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1157.1
- Calories from Fat 721
- Total Fat 80.1 g
- Saturated Fat 33.0 g
- Cholesterol 391.4 mg
- Sodium 2193.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 48.4 g