Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is so hearty, I sometimes serve it for dinner.
Make and share this Breakfast Skillet Scramble recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large potatoes, baked and cubed
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 milk
- 1 lb bacon or 1 lb sausage, fully cooked & crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup salsa (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- In a large cast iron skillet, sauté the potatoes, green pepper, and onion in oil. Sprinkle with onion powder, garlic powder, and seasoned salt; mix well.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, bacon (or sausage), water, salsa, salt and pepper. Add to the potato mixture. Bake at 350 until the eggs are set.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cook 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
This was a nice hearty scramble. I used bacon and cooked it for about 20 minutes. Next time I would only cook it for about 15 minutes because it was a little dry. Thanks for sharing this nice recipe. Made for Spring PAC 2014.