1/3 Photos of Breakfast Skillet Frittata
Pokey in San Antonio, TX's Note:
This is a great, easy recipe when you are looking for something a little different for breakfast--especially when you have guests. The variations are limited only by your imagination, and what's in the fridge. Try different cheese combinations, and different types of sausage.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb Jimmy Dean sausage (Hot)
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups potatoes (diced)
- 1/4 cup onion
- 2 tablespoons bell peppers (diced)
- 2 tablespoons sweet red peppers (diced)
- 4 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese (diced)
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese (grated)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1Brown and drain sausage. Set aside. You can use any sausage. Diced smoked sausage is a great substitute.
- 2Lightly brown potatoes in hot oil in a 10" skillet.
- 3Add onion and diced peppers, and cook till onions are translucent.
- 4Salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Note: In place of the potatoes, onions, and peppers, you can use Orida's O'Brian style potatoes. Prepare according to instructions.
- 6Lightly scramble eggs in a bowl with half and half, hot sauce and baking soda.
- 7Spread potato and sausage out evenly in skillet and pour eggs over. Tilt and rotate the pan to ensure even coverage of the eggs.
- 8Add diced pepper jack cheese. You can use any cheese you have on hand. I've made this with mozzarella, provolone, gouda, you name it.
- 9Salt and pepper mixture.
- 10Cover with grated cheddar cheese. Again, you can use what ever is on hand, but I have found the sharp cheddar is best here.
- 11Cook on the stove until bottom is set.
- 12Transfer to pre heated oven (350 degrees). Bake for 10 minutes.
- 13Switch to broil on medium until the cheese is just starting to brown and the eggs are set.
- 14Let stand for 15 minutes, then slice and serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breakfast Skillet Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 630.1
- Calories from Fat 446
- Total Fat 49.5 g
- Saturated Fat 19.9 g
- Cholesterol 303.7 mg
- Sodium 1826.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 27.9 g