Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Inspired by a dish I enjoy at a restaurant. You can add or substitute other veggies you have around, or toss in some cooked crumbled bacon or sausage, etc.
- 2 medium red potatoes or 1 large brown potato, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, diced
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine potato cubes with cumin and black pepper.
- Drizzle olive oil over potatoes, and mix well.
- Place on a baking pan and bake for 30 minutes, until browned and crispy.
- When potatoes are about halfway through baking, spray a saucepan with nonstick cooking spray and saute the green pepper, onion, and mushrooms.
- Remove from heat, add tomato, and set aside.
- Prepare the eggs any way you like (I like them over-medium).
- When potatoes are done, mix well with veggies.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Place eggs on top and enjoy!
Yummy! I didn't have the mushrooms, dangit, but I had some spinach so that went in instead. Oh some red pepper flakes too, cause I like my potatoes spicy :)
Tasty skillet. It definitely needs the cheddar cheese (I used another type once) I also felt ours needed a sprinkling of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. I used yellow fleshed potatoes (our favourite), extra virgin olive oil, red bell pepper (Another time green which does work better) plus the rest of the ingredients. Originally made for Chef of The Month in Veggie Swap 44 ~ March ~
Yum yum :D I cooked the potatoes like home fries on the stove, then put them in a 220 degree oven to keep warm while I was sauteing the veggies and cooking the eggs. Like many other reviewers, I didnt have and tomato, so it was a bit dry, but I just added some salsa, and it was perfect(: Next time however, I would use a bit more mushroom, and more eggs. I has a lot of veggies, and not that much egg. Thats not a problem, because I'll certanly eat the leftover veggies later(: Thanks Starrynews! Made for Veggie Swap #44