Recipe by Starrynews
Inspired by a dish I enjoy at a restaurant. You can add or substitute other veggies you have around, or toss in some cooked crumbled bacon or sausage, etc.
Top Review by anniesnomsblog
This was great! The potatoes were lovely and crisp on the outside, yet soft and fluffy on the inside. Along with all the veg and eggs, a great dish! I actually made this for dinner as we like breakfast for dinner recipes, but will definitely try it for brunch over the weekend as well; this is delicious!
- 2 medium red potatoes or 1 large brown potato, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, diced
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine potato cubes with cumin and black pepper.
- Drizzle olive oil over potatoes, and mix well.
- Place on a baking pan and bake for 30 minutes, until browned and crispy.
- When potatoes are about halfway through baking, spray a saucepan with nonstick cooking spray and saute the green pepper, onion, and mushrooms.
- Remove from heat, add tomato, and set aside.
- Prepare the eggs any way you like (I like them over-medium).
- When potatoes are done, mix well with veggies.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Place eggs on top and enjoy!