Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Got this recipe for church brunch, it is from the Florida aquaculture department. It is yummy!!!
- 10 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups saltine crackers, crushed
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup spring onion, chopped
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 lb small shrimp, peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Italian parsley
- Whip eggs with milk; pour into large mixing bowl. Add crackers, onion, garlic, cheese, bell pepper, shrimp, salt, pepper, and parsley; mix well. Put into greased 9x12-inch baking dish; pour butter over top. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until firmly set.
Yesterday morning I was looking for a breakfast recipe using shrimp. (I had a leftover shrimp ring that needed to be used.) I searched for breakfast + shrimp, and this was the only recipe to come up. I am so glad it did. I cut the recipe in half made as written except that I used red onions and grated cheddar, as that is what I had on hand. I also added about 1/2 cup of diced back bacon. The shrimp were fairly large so I just cut them in half. It was absolutely delicious! Even tastes great cold.