Kathy Strickland's Note:
This is Great to have on hand when having alot of company. You can cook it ahead and freeze it
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 loaves frozen bread, thawed or dough made in bread machine
- 1 lb pork sausage, hot or mild or half of each
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups diced mushrooms (fresh or canned)
- 2 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1Allow dough to rise and double in size.
- 2Cook sausage, add mushrooms and onions.
- 3Cook until tender.
- 4Drain and cool.
- 5Beat 2 eggs, set aside.
- 6To sausage, add cheese and seasonings and the 2 eggs.
- 7Mix well.
- 8Roll each loaf of dough to about 16x12.
- 9Spread 1/2 of the mixture with in 1 inch of edge.
- 10Roll jelly roll style and seal ends.
- 11Put on greased cookie sheet.
- 12Bake at 350F degrees for 25 minutes.
- 13Beat remaining egg.
- 14Brush over the bread.
- 15Bake 5-10 minutes more, until brown.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breakfast Sausage Roll
Serving Size: 1 (1875 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2318.1
- Calories from Fat 1011
- Total Fat 112.3 g
- Saturated Fat 43.6 g
- Cholesterol 591.2 mg
- Sodium 5155.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 213.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 22.1 g
- Protein 107.5 g