Recipe by Kathy Strickland
This is Great to have on hand when having alot of company. You can cook it ahead and freeze it
Top Review by Chef Beverooni
This is incredible! I made it this afternoon to go with homemade vegetable soup and it was a hit!!!! I will freeze the second loaf and take it camping with us this weekend. I was worried about the eggs going in wet but all they do is bind everything together. I will make this again and again and again . . .
- 2 loaves frozen bread, thawed or dough made in bread machine
- 1 lb pork sausage, hot or mild or half of each
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced mushrooms (fresh or canned)
- 2 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Allow dough to rise and double in size.
- Cook sausage, add mushrooms and onions.
- Cook until tender.
- Drain and cool.
- Beat 2 eggs, set aside.
- To sausage, add cheese and seasonings and the 2 eggs.
- Mix well.
- Roll each loaf of dough to about 16x12.
- Spread 1/2 of the mixture with in 1 inch of edge.
- Roll jelly roll style and seal ends.
- Put on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 25 minutes.
- Beat remaining egg.
- Brush over the bread.
- Bake 5-10 minutes more, until brown.