Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Started with C C Angus beef steak tips to develop a good Great Lakes area breakfast sausage for Hilldale Farmers Market. Modified from original Homemade Breakfast Sausage by Montana Heart Song
- Mix ground meat, spices and herbs in large bowl.
- In warm water, add brown sugar and maple syrup, stir to mix well.
- Add to ground meat and mix well.
- Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill.
- Form patties. Can use a round egg mold and saucer to make uniform size.
- Fry in heavy skillet on medium heat. Brown both sides.
- Pack each patties in plastic wrap and freeze.
- Reheat in pan and serve with egg scramble or dice and add to scramble.
- OPTIONS and/or SUBSTITIONS:.
- 1 samll onion, fine diced.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced.
- 2 tablespoons cilantro.
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives.
- 1/2 tsp dried basil.
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano.
- 1/2 tsp ground cayenne.