Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from a chef at a hotel where I was staying several years ago. I always make it for our family brunches. It is good for the ones who can't (or won't) eat eggs. It is a big family favorite.
- 2 lbs ground sausage (1 medium and 1 hot)
- 1 (32 ounce) bag frozen hash browns (I use O'Brien potatoes)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook sausage and onion.
- Remove sausage and drain.
- In remaining sausage grease cook the potatoes.
- Mix together the sausage, potatoes, and 1/2 of the cheese.
- Place in a 9"x13" dish.
- Sprinkle rest of cheese on top.
- Bake at 350°until heated through.
- (This can be made ahead and refrigerated for a few days or can be frozen).
I cut the recipe in half as its just DH and myself and i'm sorry, but we just didn't care for it. I'm not exactly sure what it was. It wasn't terrible, but not something we'd want again.
This is one of my favorite recipes that you make on family gathering brunches! I always come back for seconds, thirds and even fourths! I can't wait until our next family brunch so you can make it again! :)
Very tasty!! Fixed this for Sunday breakfast and we all liked it. This will be very good for a Christmas morning gathering; thanks for posting this!!