Recipe by MA in Florida
I got this recipe from a chef at a hotel where I was staying several years ago. I always make it for our family brunches. It is good for the ones who can't (or won't) eat eggs. It is a big family favorite.
Top Review by shimmerysummersun
I cut the recipe in half as its just DH and myself and i'm sorry, but we just didn't care for it. I'm not exactly sure what it was. It wasn't terrible, but not something we'd want again.
- 2 lbs ground sausage (1 medium and 1 hot)
- 1 (32 ounce) bag frozen hash browns (I use O'Brien potatoes)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sausage and onion.
- Remove sausage and drain.
- In remaining sausage grease cook the potatoes.
- Mix together the sausage, potatoes, and 1/2 of the cheese.
- Place in a 9"x13" dish.
- Sprinkle rest of cheese on top.
- Bake at 350°until heated through.
- (This can be made ahead and refrigerated for a few days or can be frozen).