Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is great to fix ahead when you know you are going to have a busy morning. We love it
Make and share this Breakfast Sausage Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 package spicy uncooked bulk pork sausage (I use Jimmy Dean Hot Roll Sausage)
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups light cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 16 ounces day old bread, cubed
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- Grease 9"x 13" pan well.
- Place bread in pan.
- Sprinkle with cheese and sausage.
- Combine rest of ingredients together and mix well.
- Pour over bread.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour or till golden brown.
OMG this recipe is exactly what I have been looking for. I also added chopped green chiles to the casserole also. Definitely a keeper! Thanks!
The is a very filling crowd pleaser! The top is crisp and the inside is light and airy. I didn`t fride overnight just let sit for one hour and baked. We had it for dinner. This can be eaten at any meal. I used 3 cups cooked, sliced hot sausage. A bunch is a bunch is a bunch! So I used 1/2 cups sliced green onions. The shredded cheese was 3 cups. Good stuff!
I was about to make this when I noticed it's mentioned in the recipe but, surely, you're supposed to cook the sausage before adding it to the casserole, aren't you?