Yummy breakfast to make ahead for a brunch. Serve with toast or sweet pastries. Very good for Christmas morning or any get together.
- 1 (16 ounce) package bulk pork sausage, cooked drained and crumbled
- 4 cups cubed day old bread
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (8oz)
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 10 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder (I use 1 fresh chopped onion)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredients and cover, refrigerate overnight.
- grease 13x9 inch baking dish.
- preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- bake for 55-60 minutes.
- if top gets brown too fast cover with foil.
This one's a definite winner- LOVE the make ahead feature! I've made it many times and usually add a few ingredients to the mix: When cooking sausage I also add 1 cup chopped green pepper, 1 cup chopped red onion, 1 cup sliced muchroom, 1 tsp garlic salt and 1 tsp black pepper and cook until veggies are soft. Proceed with recipe. Feeds a crowd- don't plan on leftovers! It will disappear!
Amazing! Huge hit for brunch.
We had this for Christmas breakfast and it was excellent. At first I was not sure it was done. The color looked good but there was alot of liquid around the sides. After sitting for about 10 minutes out of the oven, it was perfect.