Recipe by Beaner in Washington
Yummy breakfast to make ahead for a brunch. Serve with toast or sweet pastries. Very good for Christmas morning or any get together.
Top Review by kc in la
This one's a definite winner- LOVE the make ahead feature! I've made it many times and usually add a few ingredients to the mix: When cooking sausage I also add 1 cup chopped green pepper, 1 cup chopped red onion, 1 cup sliced muchroom, 1 tsp garlic salt and 1 tsp black pepper and cook until veggies are soft. Proceed with recipe. Feeds a crowd- don't plan on leftovers! It will disappear!
- 1 (16 ounce) package bulk pork sausage, cooked drained and crumbled
- 4 cups cubed day old bread
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (8oz)
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 10 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder (I use 1 fresh chopped onion)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper