Recipe by luvinlif2k
Not too "eggy" and just the right flavors. Make it the night before and bake in the morning. Our preferences include maple-flavored sausage and Schreiber's American cheese. These make an exquisite morning casserole.
- 8 slices bread, cubed
- 2 cups grated American cheese
- 2 lbs bulk sausage, browned and drained
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Place bread cubes in greased 9x13-inch pan.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Add browned sausage.
- Blend eggs, milk, and mustard and pour over ingredients in pan.
- Refrigerate overnight (or for 5 hours).
- IN THE MORNING blend soup and 1/2 cup milk and pour (or spread) over top of casserole.
- Bake 1 1/2 hours at 300°F.