Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I received this recipe from a good family friend when we went on a vacation. This is fabulous recipe to serve a large number of people; picky eaters and all!! Make sure the cottage cheese is drained very well! It will make the casserole soggy. Enjoy :)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crescent rolls
- 2 lbs pork sausage
- 32 ounces small curd cottage cheese, low fat
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pam a 9x13.
- Layer 1: line it with one tube of crescent rolls.
- Layer 2: Brown & Drain sausage. Add on top of crescent rolls.
- Layer 3: Drain cottage cheese very well; add egg, garlic salt, onion powder & parmesan. Add on top of sausage.
- Layer 4: Add Mozzarella cheese.
- Layer 5: Top with crescent rolls.
- Bake for approximately 45 mins.
I am so honored to be the first to review this recipe. Really loved the flavors. Made as directed except for cutting it in half (just two of us home) and using egg substitute. (easier to do a half and egg :) that way). Did a mixture of mild and moderate spiced sausage. Somethings that I really like about this recipe is 1. Great concise directions 2. Foods easy to find in my area 3. Ingredients listed in the order that you use them. Thanks KsuKitty for posting. Made for PAC Fall 2011.