Recipe by Val's Home
I first had this dish at a baby shower brunch about 20 years ago. It's as good today as it was back then. You may assemble it the night before and bake in the morning. Also yummy when the family wants "breakfast for dinner."
Top Review by A Pinch of This ...
Delicious. Made as directed and the cooking time is right on. I prepped everything last night and then put it together and popped it in the oven this morning. Couldn't be much easier and lends itself to all kinds of variations. Tagged for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup.
- 1 lb country sausage (hot)
- 6 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 slices stale bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons onions, chopped