Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
I make this sausage 2-3 times a year. The black pepper gives it a nice spicey flavor. Warm, but not too hot! This sausage may also be stuffed to produce links-See my note at the end of the instructions.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground pork shoulder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon thyme
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- In a bowl mix ground pork thoroughly with seasons.
- Mix water into pork.
- Shape pork mixture into medium size patties approx 1/4" thick.
- Fry patties on medium heat for approx 1-2 minutes on each side or until no longer pink inside.
- NOTE: This pork mixture may also be stuffed into casings (Italian sausage size)--cut into links--fryed or grilled--served with BBQ sauce as a delicious"Hot Link" sausage!
have made this several times...really tasty...freezes well too