Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Made from ground turkey for a healthier alternative to traditional pork sausage
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1⁄2 finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sage
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Coat griddle or frypan with cooking spray (I like Crisco's olive oil spray).
- Form into patties and brown each side for about 2 minutes on hot griddle.
- Continue cooking over medium low until done.
We have a lot of hunters in the family so I've been looking for a seasoning blend that I can put in jars for gifts and found this one. It's perfect. Complex enough for depth of flavor. All people will need to do is add their own meats. Thanks!!
FANTASTIC! Loved the spice & herb mix. Used lemon thyme as that's what's growing outside. Will definately be making these again and again! Thank you!