Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great quick breakfast.
Make and share this Breakfast Sandwiches- OAMC recipe from Food.com.
- 24 English muffins, toasted and buttered
- 2 dozen eggs
- 24 slices ham (thick slices) or 24 slices bacon (thick slices) or 24 slices Canadian bacon (thick slices) or 24 sausage patties (thick slices)
- 24 slices cheddar cheese
- Scramble eggs in a large skillet. If you want a uniform shape, cook in greased canning rings.
- Assemble sandwiches with one egg, one slice of meat, one slice of cheese.
- Wrap each sandwich individually in plastic wrap, then freeze and place in zip-top bags.
I have made these several times. The dk's love them. I scramble the eggs all together in a large bowl, then bake them at 350 in a greased 9x13 pyrex dish til set. I then cut them in squares and put them atop the muffin. It's just quicker to do it that way, if you don't mind that the eggs aren't round. Way better than fast food restaurants! Thanks for the post.
This is excellent! I used a 9x13 Pyrex dish with a dozen eggs at a time. The eggs in the 350 degree oven took about 10 minutes to set. I toasted a dozen English muffins at the same time. When cooled, I cut the eggs into three rows and two columns. I assembled the sandwiches, wrapped each in a paper towel and put 4-6 in a gallon ziplock bag. I write the reheating instructions (taken from a box in the freezer section of our store) on the ziplock bag: Place paper towel wrapped sandwich in the microwave 90 seconds on 30% power, flip over 60 seconds on high.
It is a great idea, but I didn't freeze them, just scaled down to eat fresh. To make it quicker, I used egg patties, so the ratio of egg would be higher than 1 egg for one whole muffin. I chose the sausage option, and these were really delicious!