Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
An easy sandwich that is delicious and great for either breakfast or dinner.
- 453.59 g hot ground sausage (ex. Jimmy Dean brand)
- 1 sweet onion (diced)
- 4 eggs
- 4 slice swiss cheese
- 4 whole grain buns (soft submarine are good)
- 4 dill pickles (sliced thin)
- 14.79 ml cooking spray
- 4.92 ml salt (or to taste)
- 4.92 ml pepper (or to taste)
- Put ground sausage in a skillet over medium high.
- When almost cooked through, add diced onions.
- Continue to cook, untill completly cooked.
- Turn off burner.
- Place 3 paper towels on a plate.
- Transfer sausage from the skillet to the paper towels.
- Put 3 more paper towels on top of meat.
- Pat down to remove grease.
- Take a paper towel to the skillet and wipe down.
- Turn the burner to medium heat and spray with enough cooking spray to coat the pan nicely (you could also use butter or oil instead).
- Add the 4 eggs and break the yolks.
- Flip them over when the whites become opaque.
- Let them cook for another minute.
- While the eggs are cooking take the wheat buns and slice them down the middle to open them.
- Cut the 4 pieces of cheese in half and place 2 slices on the bottom of each of the buns.
- Add equal amounts of sausage on to each bun.
- Add 1 egg to each sandwich.
- Slice the pickels and add 1 whole pickel to each sandwich.
- Close and enjoy.