Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
A stick to your ribs breakfast but with no fat!
- 1 cup long grain brown rice
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- honey (optional) or maple syrup (optional)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and then cover.
- Reduce the heat, and cook for 40 minutes.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with a drizzle of honey or maple syrup if you like.
- (This may also be made in a slow cooker overnight. Combine all of the. ingredients and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours).
Very tasty!!!! I added a little milk as my rice dried out a bit. YUM!!! Will make again!
This is great for breakfast and was really easy to make, but possible a tad too sweet for my tastebuds. I doubled the recipe and used the crockpot method and would suggest adding a bit more fluids and changing the cooking time be about 11 or 12 hours as the rice was still quite firm. I have been adding a bit of soy milk to it to cut back on the sweetness and that seems to be doing the trick for me. Would make it again!
Fabulous breakfast dish. I used the crockpot method and it was so easy. I also increased the cinnamon to 1 teaspoon. Cooked on low for 7 hours and the rice was not dried out, but creamy. Drizzled a little honey on top. The kids and husband thought is was great--so did I. Thanks Aroostook.