I learned this dish while living in a boarding house in Mt. Shasta, California. This was usually our morning meal. It has diced red potatoes, lots of garlic, bell peppers and cheese. This is great for camping, especially beside a fresh caught trout.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook unpeeled potatoes in boiling water about 20 minute till fork tender.
- 2Cut cooked, unpeeled poatatoes into 1/2 inch cubes.
- 3In a 10" Iron Skillet, add 2 T canola and add garlic, bell pepper, and onion. Sautee very gently till they begin to be tender.
- 4Increase heat, add the remaining 2 T Canola and the potatoes. Toss to coat all potatoes with the skillet ingredients.
- 5Cook over medium heat till the garlic, ect begin to brown and adhere to the potatoes and the potatoes are warm thru, about 15 min.You will have brown bits of the garlic, onion, and pepper, but this is good.
- 6Remove from heat and sprinkle cheese over the top. Cover and let sit for a couple of min, till cheese melts.
- 7Scoop from skillet, making sure to get all of the flavors, including cheese on top, into each serving.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breakfast Red Potatoes With Garlic, Peppers and Cheese (Aka Sha
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.8
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 19.7 mg
- Sodium 130.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 9.0 g