Recipe by piranhabriana
This is a really unique way to serve a traditional bacon, egg and toast breakfast.
Top Review by rosie316
I can't believe no one has commented or rated yet. These are awesome. I made 6 for just hubby & myself. YUM! So clever too... I wish I would have done breakfast this way over the past 40 years. This is a great way to make an easy "grab & go" breakfast (beats a "McMuffin" hands down!) Thanks for posting. :-)
- 12 slices bacon (the wider and thicker the better)
- 12 eggs
- 6 slices bread
- salt & pepper
- cooking spray
- 12 tablespoons cheddar cheese, grated (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400. Spray a cupcake tin with cooking spray. Cut 12 circles into your bread slices, two per slice. (I would like to try this with mini bagels or English muffins for ease of preparation.) You can use a cookie cutter or a glass for the circles. Put one circle in each cupcake tin.
- Brown bacon, but do not cook all the way. Wrap the bacon slices around the inside of the baking cups. Bake for 5-10 minutes till bread is toasted.
- Sprinkle a Tbsp of cheese on top of each piece of bread. Crack an egg into each cup without breaking the yolk. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. If you don't like sunny side up eggs, you can always beat them before pouring them in so they're more scrambled -- it just doesn't look as cute!
- Bake for about 12 minutes, till the egg is set.